Swords-Smith is seeking responsible, creative and thoughtful people who are pursuing a career in fashion. We are a growing independent business with a tight-knit team and a start-up mentality. We are problem solvers and innovators with ambitious goals and independent values.
The customer experience is the most important part of our business and our drive to exceed client expectations guides everything that we do. Our client-services team delivers a high level of personalized customer service in-store and online. Meticulous attention to detail, creative merchandising and personalization are necessary skills.
Our curated boutique in Williamsburg is seeking a full time Client Services Associate to join our team. You will have the opportunity to directly impact store performance, form ongoing relationships with clients, and learn about the world of independent fashion and small business. We emphasize a deeper engagement with designers and fashion through in-store trainings with brand representatives. We are seeking full time candidates who are looking to grow long-term with a small team.
We are also looking for a separate Keyholder position to add to the team and are seeking candidates who are meticulous, responsible, and interested in gaining managerial experience.
Our ideal candidate is confident with sales and can connect with clients at an elevated level. To apply please specify which position you are interested in and send your resume and an email briefly describing your interest in the position and your own approach to client service. Please include availability and contact information in the body of the email.
Role & Duties:
• Deliver consistent warm and personalized customer service
• Be knowledgeable and excited about the product
• Meet and exceed individual sales goals
• Maintain a clean and beautiful store with highest level of visual presentation at all times
• Self-managing tasks thoroughly with an eye on the big picture
• Follow company policies including loss prevention
Qualifications and experience:
• Boutique and/or luxury experience a must
• Ability to consistently deliver excellent, high-level customer service
• Outgoing and excited to approach customers
• Ability to style outfits and make suggestions
• Robust interpersonal skills with the ability to capture new clients and strengthen relationships with existing clientele to maximize potential
• Good communication skills and ability to report to manager
• Results-driven with a proven track record for meeting and exceeding sales goals
• A discerning eye for details and presentation, including merchandising and visual display
• In depth knowledge of independent designer fashion, as well as technical knowledge of silhouettes, construction, fabrication and fit or an enthusiasm for learning it!
• Ability to retain and learn a large amount of product knowledge across categories
• The ability to check-in, quality control and manage inventory
• Basic knowledge of POS system
• Strong sense of personal style - fashion forward aesthetics are welcome
• Open availability and weekend availability a must
Swords-Smith is a space for unique independent designer fashion. We offer a highly curated shopping experience with a focus on discovery and modern design. We are seeking PT and FT candidates who are looking to grow long-term with a small team.
Swords-Smith is seeking a contract E-commerce Manager (2-4 days/week) with exceptional organizational and time management skills. He/she will partner with photographer to manage all e-commerce operations including: model castings, coordinating photoshoots, asset management, content publishing and site merchandising.
• Maintain best-in-class e-comm site experience with consistent website merchandising
• Photoshoot planning, coordination, prep and breakdown
• Photo asset management including naming and tracking
• Own post-production process: uploading to CMS, curating and tagging
• Model casting and talent coordination
• Utilize sales data to inform decisions
• 1+ year e-commerce experience
• Extreme organizational skills
• Deadline oriented with ability to self-manage time
• Strong communication skills
• Creative thinking and problem solving
• A good eye and detail oriented
• Ability to approach website from a shopper’s point-of-view
• Experience with Capture One preferred
• Experience with Shopify preferred
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite programs a plus
• Fashion knowledge and awareness of independent designers a plus
Swords-Smith is seeking motivated, talented students to work closely with the E-comm Manager each season. Duties include: studio tech work, image adjustments, photo uploads, file management, social image capture, assist with editorial planning, location scouting and studio set up/breakdown. Applicant should be highly organized and have an interest in photography and/or e-commerce.
Swords-Smith is seeking motivated, talented students or individuals to assist the Marketing Manager each season. Duties include: email marketing, online marketing, social media and digital strategy. Applicant should be highly organized, with strong writing skills and have an understanding of social media.
We request all new designers submit lookbooks, linesheets and all relevant materials via email to email@example.com. The buyers review new brand submissions 1-2 times a month and will reach out to see more if it’s a good fit.